1978 Datsun 510 hatchback *NEED REAR SEAT*

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is a HB one. I parted out a '78 HB back in 1994, kept the whole interior by throwing the loose parts into the SECOND '78 Hatchback I bought to put the engine in (the first was wrecked, twice). Problem is I haven't touched it since 1994. In that time the car became buried under what all disused garages acquire, to the point that most people don't even realize there's a car under there. To add to the fun it's at my Mom's house, not mine.

At least, I THINK there's 2 back seats in there. I'm pretty sure I kept all those bits.

I'm pretty sure the seat BOTTOM from the sedans and wagons will fit, but the seatback is unique to the 2-door hatchback.

I don't know when the next time I'll be up in Seattle will be.

Well, it is a HB one. I parted out a '78 HB back in 1994, kept the whole interior by throwing the loose parts into the SECOND '78 Hatchback I bought to put the engine in (the first was wrecked, twice). Problem is I haven't touched it since 1994. In that time the car became buried under what all disused garages acquire, to the point that most people don't even realize there's a car under there. To add to the fun it's at my Mom's house, not mine.

At least, I THINK there's 2 back seats in there. I'm pretty sure I kept all those bits.

I'm pretty sure the seat BOTTOM from the sedans and wagons will fit, but the seatback is unique to the 2-door hatchback.

I don't know when the next time I'll be up in Seattle will be.

well rite now i welded 2 bucket seats from a 510 wagon. but i would prefer all the seats from a hatchback, since the buckets dont lean forward. color wise, i dont care. im gonna cover them with mexican blankets. if u ever go to ur moms place, i would love to join/pick thru the datsuns. if thats cool with u. im just across the water.

where r u located? and will u be goin to the A+W port orchard meet on the 10th?