need a little help

Gary

yyyyyyyyyeo

im doing an L conversion into my 620 cos in aus we only got J's

as it turns out, this is practically a custom conversion which means i need custom engine and trans mounts, and driveshaft etc which is ok but i need a couple quick measurements from someone handsome on ratsun to make sure im heading in the right direction :D

can anyone tell me how close the back of the L is to the firewall?

aand maybe how low the crank pulley is sposed to sit, so say a quick measurement between the bottom of the swaybar to the bottom of the crank pulley or something :)

thanksssssssssssssssssss

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will also need the 620 L block oilpan, wish I could help you on the measurements, but I only have 521s, I will say this, make sure it don't hit the firewall or the radiator. :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know 620s very well, but look behind the radiator core support sheet metal towards the grill, are there another set of holes there in about the same place as the radiator mount holes that you have for your J block radiator? If they are there, they would be the mount holes for the L block radiator, all you have to do is cut the J block radiator core support out and you have the L block radiator core support there ready to be used. As I said, I don't know 620s very well, your version could be made differantly. wayno

its cool i figured that out too :( ill just mod the sump i have to suit. that'll be after the engine is mounted though

after some more looking, it seems the cab and frame are the same as yours (i thought the cab was different but it wasnt). some of your ones have a relief in the rad support, some of yours are straight like mine (maybe early/late model i dunno). the position of the engine mounts look the same (mines a late frame, not the earlier one with engine mounts at the front) its just i have different engine brackets. ive figured out that i can use the J ones as a base and go from there :) im using J insulators too, i think theyre a touch shorter (simple to overcome if im making mounts anyway) but they'll be easier to find here if/when i need new ones

i know that perhaps finding some brackets in the US and getting them sent over would have been simpler but i now need this conversion driveable by about next tuesday. lack of planning has stuffed me up there but i spose you get that. our nissan dealers arent very useful, and everything you could ever want is ex japan (2+ weeks if they feel like being nice)

ive just dropped my crossmember a bit (~30mm from normal, our crossmembers are pretty much dead straight) and slotted the holes for the gearbox mount (once its all lined up its coming off again for exhaust clearance work and some gusseting)

by the looks of things clearance to the firewall should be a touch over an inch? pretty sure im on it now :)

thanks anywho, chaps