Seat belt buckles that will fit a 72 510?

I have a 72 datsun 510 wagon and my back seat is missing a buckle. The floppy factory seatbelt buckles in front are a pain in the butt for anyone that rides in my car.

Do any newer Nissan cars use the same lock style on their newer seat belt buckles? I would like at least find a buckle for the back seat, and maybe newer buckles for my factory Datsun front seat belts so they have a nice plastic sheath and people aren't reaching into the back seat to find the belt buckle.

If anyone knows if any or what vehicles are compatible, I can start junkyard hunting! Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any ideas? I can call one of our wrecking yard suppliers if I know the year and model and get some new(to me) belt buckles coming...the problem is between health problems, work, and family, I do not have time to go scrapyard hunting for buckles that will fit the '72 belts. Any help if anyone has any clue would be greatly appreciated!

I have wondered the same, but never found any modern ones that fit. I swapped in the complete set from a 620 that are one-piece 3-point belts, auto retracting.

But what I really want are some like this, that have non-belt type buckles, that stay next to the seat.

17190.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thank you for re-posting the link someone else did. i do not want to spend $50+ on seat belts at this time. I would like to be able to go to a junkyard and pick up a replacement buckle for the back seat, and while early 70's 510's are junkyard myth around here, late 70s and 80s Nissan cars are easy enough to find. If there are no interchangeable buckles for the 510's, then I will figure something else out.

No one has answered the question yet...people keep posting links to where you can buy whole new belts...I can get universal style belts and harnesses from summit or amazon, I just would rather spend the money on new window seals and paint. If anyone knows of makes and models of cars that share the same type of belt buckle, I can call around to junkyards and save myself some time and gas...it is very easy to find universal seatbelts on google, not as easy to find a list of datsun seatbelt interchanges. Thanks for everyone's time and patience, and I get it...they make universal seatbelts for these cars.

Just take your seat belt piece to the yard and start trying it out. Very few people try to replace just a small part, that's why info is hard to find. Most people will replace both parts, not just the buckle. My guess is that any Nissan of the same vintage likely has the same part. Nissan was smart and did lots of cookie cutter parts for their cars. Let us know if you find anything.