521 Dash

Kenny.D

Whats up, I'm kinda new here. I've been checking this site out for a couple of weeks. I just bought a '71 521. The guy who owned it before me "customized" (a nice way of putting it) a lot on this truck. Most, or all of which will need to be re-done properly. Anyway, just wondering, is the dash in this truck metal or plastic? I cant tell as currently it is covered with pleather.

Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up, I'm kinda new here. I've been checking this site out for a couple of weeks. I just bought a '71 521. The guy who owned it before me "customized" (a nice way of putting it) a lot on this truck. Most, or all of which will need to be re-done properly. Anyway, just wondering, is the dash in this truck metal or plastic? I cant tell as currently it is covered with pleather.

Thanks.

Welcome! Get us some pics! The dash top (where the defrost and ash tray are) had that plastic vinyl stuff on it that always cracks. The dash itself is metal.

Some try to repair the cracks (not sure how), some buy an earlier 520 dash top which was all metal.

Pics!

I have a couple more pics. How do I upload them? Sorry I'm new here. I guess these will still be links.

Engine:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3186/2309101130_e3ec544609.jpg?v=0

And the juice setup:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2309101132_77d7dabd77.jpg?v=0

I'm going to change it from Hydros to airbags. Right now it has a two pump, three battery set up.

Dwnshfter: I plan on selling the hydro setup. As far as i know they work, but i'm going to test them this weekend to double check. I havent really thought about how much i would even ask for everything. It's a ton of stuff, more than enough for one car/truck.

Nice Kenny. Looks like a fun project. What engine is that?

To post pictures in your post, click the picture of the mountain above and insert the link when you compose your post. Though I am not sure if you have to be around a while before you get that button? If you see it give it a shot!

This is the truck that was on ebay right?

Yup, this is the one.

I've been looking to get an older truck for a while and have always like the Datsuns. So when i saw it, i couldnt pass it up. They're pretty rare around here, MD. So i guess that means it'll be hard to find parts for it. And believe me, it needs a lot.

Nice Kenny. Looks like a fun project. What engine is that?

To post pictures in your post, click the picture of the mountain above and insert the link when you compose your post. Though I am not sure if you have to be around a while before you get that button? If you see it give it a shot!

Thanks, I think the engine is a ka24e. It's from a Nissan Hardbody. And I'll try the picture thing again.

thanks again!