KA24DE Swap question

BitBandit

So I have a motor out of a 98 Frontier. I have it in, motor mounts all bolted up in my 74 620, go to put the cross member and center link back in and they hit the oil pan. what are some things people have done to remedy this issue?

I have read about cutting the motor mounts and moving them but everywhere I read that it was people lowering the car KA. I have also read about people hammering the oil pan in a bit again only read about this with people using the car KA. I only need about 1/2 inch more clearance. I am thinking about using the hammer method but would like to see what suggestions you fellow motor swappers have before I go ruin my pan.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure on the differences in oil pans between the Car and truck KA's but I'm using a car KA and had to "massage" the oil pan at the center link also. I just used a BFH and "clearanced" the pan to fit. I didn't do any motor mount modifications either. Hope that helps!