Get the n00b!!!

wouldnt bother doing a twin turbo set up unless you already have all the stuff for it.

no gain on an L28 but wow factor.

youl make more power from a single turbo set up.

I accumulate parts. I already have most of what I need for a TT setup. The first turbo is nothing but a tiny lag-killer, to keep the one that does the real work spinning. The only resonable excuse for a TT setup, is to defeat turbo lag.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I accumulate parts. I already have most of what I need for a TT setup. The first turbo is nothing but a tiny lag-killer, to keep the one that does the real work spinning. The only resonable excuse for a TT setup, is to defeat turbo lag.

well aware of the purpose of a twin set up.

but the only reason Id ever rock one is if I had everything for it.

the work to build a set up for twins isnt worth running them.

an L28et has almost no lag.

• 3 weeks later...

sam0009l.jpg

Will this hold ya'll over, for now? Sorry about the supersize... I suck at the photoshop....

The forum software is pretty good at resizing the pictures to fit the user's browser window, only problem with giant oics is that they can take a minute to download.

Dual SU's, on an L28ET.... no turbos, at the moment. I fried the ECU and had to come up with a quick-fix. But, as soon as I find a Haltech, for a reasonable price, the turbo is going back on, along with the intercooler, and the oldschool HKS blow-off valve.

When I sell my RX-8, I'm picking up an ITB rack from Extrudabody, and the requisite hardware to use both of the turbos in my garage.

Why not go with Megasquirt? If you're handy with a solder iron and a wrench, you'll save yourself at least a grand. I have a Megasquirt running an EDIS 6 controller on my 280Z.