Wiring loom construction.

datslamd

Well I plan on building my own wiring harness for the engine. Shouldn'y be too bad. Anyway, how do I know which wires are thick and thin, better yet what are the guages of both, maybe 3 different guages :eek: . Anyways is it the coloured ones on this page? http://www.the620.com/data/Datsun_521_Wiring_Dig.pdf

One other thing confuses me, why is there a harness-looking apparatus around the fuse box, with female connectors looking like it's connected to the fuse box?

Any help is always appreciated

Oh and from what I'm seeing the positive terminal of the battery is connected through the starter and a fusible link. What is this fusible link?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guage is dependent on what you running and how far away it is from the power source (fuse box). The more power it needs the thicker the wire...

The fuse box plugs into a connecter for the wiring harness at the back of the box.

Not sure about the fusible link (not a big fan of them myself, I'd rather have a fuse or circuit breaker)

Those female connectors are what connects the harness to the fuse box's male terminals...

If you still need a harness, I'll give you the one I got from MKlotz for my project that I will be awhile before starting...

I paid shipping to get it to me and will do the same for you...

let me know...