Wanted 5-speed dog leg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been stated before that the Dogleg you speak of may not be adequate for an L20b despite coming from the factory that way.

Yes but it's the easy one to swap, plus i have had good experience with them. beat the daylights out of one (power shifting, clutch dumps, burnouts) behind a L20 and it was fine. i don't know why everybody is all the sudden thinking they are too weak. I'm putting another one in my current 510 behind the L18.

Thanks guys, sounds like I should maybe go with the 71B or C. Is there anyway to beef up the 63A? I will be putting into my 520 project so ease of installation isn't an issue because I have a feeling I might have to do some mods; crossmember, sheetmetal, shifter, driveline. I would prefer heavy duty and strong. Now all I have to skis find a tranny................

To be clear an FS5W71C can be used but needs some mods and some B parts to convert it for use. The FS5W71B will bolt right up to the 521 L series engine leaving rear mount and drive shaft mods to do.

You can't make any tranny stronger but you can replace worn bearings with quality rebuild parts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.