Weber Hook-up

superc_1

Going to put my used weber on today. I was wondering what do you do with the (1) fuel return lines and (2) the hose that comes out the top of the valve cover that hooks to air cleaner? I have the adapter plate, but is it easy to get the studs out of the old manifold? Anything to look out for? Pictures? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is what I did:

pict0012qa7.th.jpg

pict0013oi6.th.jpg

pict0022sb1.th.jpg

pict0021ej5.th.jpg

pict0018rx8.th.jpg

Here is the Hitachi set up to compare:

6208wb4.th.jpg

62011pe9.th.jpg

62010pz7.th.jpg

6204av5.th.jpg

I don't have any emission stuff on my 73 620 so I am not sure where you would reconnect the breather hose......I am not too sure that a Weber will be helpful in a DEQ inspection.

I hope this is helpful.

Aaron

1. The check-valve that stops fuel flow into the carb is stronger on the Weber than the factory carb. You can choose to not run a fuel return line.

Or, you can buy a 2nd fuel connector and remove the plug that is opposite the fuel hookup line on the carb. Then the fuel runs through the carb and back to the tank. This will continually flow the fuel through your fuel filter and potentially keep it more clean and less likely for blockage in the main line. (I recomend this)

2. Hook up that hose to the underside of the air filter plate on the Weber. You'll notice a hole in that bottom plate. Hooking it up there is where you need to get creative.

3. I had to remove the valve cover and EGR valve in order to have room to get at the four nuts that hold the factory carb down.

blue02_thumb.jpg