620 brake help!

pepsx12

okay so i just got my truck running after sitting for a whole year. So i decided to do my brakes. I have brand new wheel cylinders in the front and back and shoes in the front and back too. I bled the whole system twice already, F master B master, front cylinders, frontNLSV,rear with the left first, then the back NLSV then the center NLSV. I still have a crappy pedal and for some reason my handbrake does not work at all? Help would be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are these drums all the way round?

If yes, YOu adjusted the star wheel to get the shoes right up to the drum where there is a slight resistance. Esp the back as if loose the Parking brake will not lock it up if alot of slop.pedal is also farther down the length of travel before brakes really take hold.

If see see tiny bubbles comming from the master front or back maybe the master is getting bad.

But I will assume since the parking brake dont work(hope the cable is hooked up) that its just not adjusted all the way but usually if new pads the drums are harder to put on and its usaully tighter.

What I do on my 521 drums is put new shoes on there then put the drum on then take off and use the star adjuster much as possible to take up the slack then put it on. Then do the final adjustment when drun is securely on.

Do front and back this way then rebleed. shit you might not even need to blled since all the air is out anyways

Adjusting the drums until there is slight drag is the right idea, but not quite the right procedure.

1. Make sure shoes are all installed correctly.

2. Adjust shoes until drum will not turn in either direction. Do all four corners.

3. Check pedal, Rebleed if necessary.

4. Pedal should feel very good right now, with very little travel. If it doesnt, then you have an air problem.

5. Now, de-adjust each brake adjuster until you have slight drag on the drum.

Pedal should be good now.