car show & parade in modesto

GOATS-521

I wanted to gather some datsun heads for the annual American Graffiti car show & parade in modesto, cal. I'll try to post the information for it tomorrow. The parade circles downtown modesto for about 1 hour & is alot of fun. The people around here don't see to many datsuns, so they get a real kick out of them. After your done the people cruise down Mchenry ave. then circle down to the junior college, where the car show is. The cruise takes place on a friday, about 6:00pm, the car show is saturday & sunday @ about 9:00am each day. This is the first time there having a swap meet area also, so vendors would be welcome there. This car show has been going on for many years and grows with each one. If you don't know already the movie American Graffitti is based on Modesto, the home of George Lucas. Modesto has always been known for its love of cars & cruising heritage. There is alot of cool things for children to do also like bumper cars & face painting, mini rides, & plenty of all that junk food. Anyways I'll be sure to post more info. hopefully tomorrow. If your entering your vehicle its around 30 dollars. With that you get the annual t-shirt of your size, two entry passes, & two meal tickets. Alright lets do this...

• Like 1
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a great show, and great week of events. The big day for the car show is saturday, and the cruise is always fun. All cars are welcome and well received - american/vw's/brittish/of all styles. I actually cant remember the last time I saw a 510 out.

This was me in the cruise in my old vw:

WWLgV.jpg

I'm in ! :)

Gotta feeling my radiators gonna get mad with the slow cruising.... good time to add my 2nd elec. fan...huh!

• 2 weeks later...

anybody else gonna be able to make the parade & show this friday/sat./sun. this will be fun for all who come. You still have until friday evening to enter, but it will be 10.00 more. .Im thinkin of doin a bar-be-q after the parade, & the weather is suppose to be good. My pool will be open to those who want to take a dip, so feel free.