1981 720 king cab (on a budget!)

finnaly making my build thread..not to much pics(yet)this week or so i will be doing alot more to my truck .i have it posted up at my place of work so i can work on it with all the tools i need..

i bought it in bad shape.barely running..stock z22 slow as rolling turd with a hacked exaust..total price of this truck was 450..has 162k original miles..4 owners..

i have great plans for this truck.. a honda tech told me he wouldnt pay a dime for my truck today.simply due to the rust on my bed and drivers side door..last time i checked.those are both dismountable and replaceable lol.its a 81.what do you expect?...this truck is going to turn heads(the good way)when im done with it.it may take me a year..or earlier?..i bought this datsun to be a daily.but also to restoret in honor of my grandmother that has recently passed away.i know she would be very happy to see me working on this truck..so i take much love into this datsun that has tooken my mind off the unfair things life seems to throw at you..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.im a 18 year old working in tire disposal inc.so it may take me awhile to get money for the big parts.but were there is a will,there is a way!

so far i have replaced the fuses tail lights.etc

new tires and wheels

rattle can paint job

replaced the valve cover gasket and painted the valve cover

replaced all 8 spark plugs.

new air filter

went to town on interior cleaning

2 inch glass pack exaust

stripped the rear bumper off.

oil change

porche battery

sound system that is alright.

and thats all i can think off right now.

FUTURE MODS

lowering it

new rims and tires.

weber carb 32/36

bed liner

new truck bed..(or fixing the rust spots)

re painting the whole truck military green the correct way

and one day a engine swap to which i have not decided yet i cant make up my mind.

a new sound system worth as much as my truck(coming in a week or so)

day of purchase

0401111839.jpg

datsunpainted.jpg

datsunbytires.jpg

more pics will be posted as mods are accomplished.

update pic #1

datty.jpg

datsunandcamero.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i am!.there a solid engine..just with a gunked up carb.and stock.its not the fastest.but its got some potential:)..u put alot of money into urs.someday mine will be up there with u..if u dont mind can i get a link to your build thread?if you made one?