521 front Shoes- Now with pics

Just got done pulling my front brakes apart. Had a leaky w cylinder. Just to be 100% correct, which shoe goes where? Dont want to have to do this twice!

Should it be front shoe w/ most meat closest to w cylinder, and the other chasing it? Thats what I see in my FSM, but once again, just wanna be done for now and go get some ice cream at sonic :D

Thanks Jeff

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My head spinning. :blink: Im not sure how the front shoes should be. I cant tell any difference in thickness on the shoes.

I did the driver side the other day. I put it together like the picture in the FSM BR-5 Fig. BR-7

Same way on the other side???

My wife has the camera and I cant take pics.

Sry.

Please work with me if you can!

Jeff

bled em, adj them and rode and stopped!!!! Great stopping power. Will lock up. Will be even better when the clips for the drivers side adj get here. At some point, the tit on the backside of the adj broke off and they drilled and tapped it for a bolt and washer. Doesnt work anyways. Will put new one on in a handfull of days.

Unfortunatly, didnt get to put on the klotz 620 bearing adapter. Just way to busy. Both of my inner bearings seem to be fine tho. My passenger outter is toast tho. Have the inners, just not the outters.

Stop force one out

Jeff