Sr20det swap

k_bogie25

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Im looking to swap in a SRdet into my 72 510. Im just concerned about motor and tranny mounts. I really want it right but I dont believe the right way is to pay a speed shop $3000 to install it for me. Anyone know how to part and piece it into a 510? I was told that my lower motor mount and a 240sx upper mount will work? So then what about trans mount? Any way to use a 240sx mount in my car or modify my own 510 trans mount? Some ones gotta have the answers, and please if you got pics lets see those too.

has anyone seen or heard about anyone doing a sr20det swap in a '78 datsun king cab?

Crap on that....:lol: Seriously pay someone 3 grand to swap it in...first you get raped on the motor and after you've taken a shower you get raped again.....hahaha....this is the reason I put KA's in

There are threads on here......Do a search to find!

Welcome!

Well I cant deny it, a KA would run a lot better than my stock L18. I guess I just dont want what every one else in town has in their 510, there just a bit too boring to me. Just my opinion. I knew it would be big bucks to do the 510 thing, or I should say Live the 510 thing. Why not go all out? I just dont believe that "All out" has to cost me thousands to pay to someone else that learned it from someone else, why not just learn it myself! Why are you so big into the KA? I heard its just about the same wiring as a SR, same mount up and all right? I just want a motor that already has a factory turbo.

I'm not big into the KA thing. I actually prefer a well built L series even though I have a KA in my 510. I have a nicely built L in my 521, that was the donor motor from my 510 when I did the swap. If you want an SR then put an SR into it, I think people who want an SR just don't want to build a motor, and theres nothing wrong with that. I myself would build a Trubo KA which would produce more power then the SR and have fun doing it while I learned a few things. All while spending the same amount of money. If you don't want what everyone else has, turbo the L or put a CA18det in it or FJ20det. As always its up to you. We are always here to bust your chops though:lol:

OH yeah, if you decide to swap any motor in we are a wealth of info on here.....so please pick our brains, but make sure you search first or start a build thread for your project!

The Dave Caroll mount works 8 out of 10 times in a 510 for the SR swap, the other 2 it needs slight mods, 75 bucks and well worth it. For the KC it will be a little more work :D

• 2 weeks later...