Electronic ignition conversion

To anybody that's done the NAPZ dizzy swap to an L-motor , and used the GM HEI module as well~ (not the matchbox) I'm trying to find out definitively to which terminal (G & W on the HEI module) go the red & green wires without trial & error. I'm pretty anal when it comes to wiring (soldering/shrinktube/wrapping/etc.) so I'd like to do it only once....

T I A !!

Scott

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this will help your particular situation but its a good start (copied from the dime quarterly website)...

Dimequarterly - HEI module

Connect the HEI module to the coil and distributor. The HEI module has four connecting points.

W - Connects to the positive lead at the distributor.

G - Connects to the negative lead at the distributor.

C - Connects to the negative side of the coil.

B - Connects to the positive side of the coil.

The red wire coming from the distributor is positive. If you find that your distributor has two green wires, you'll have to try running the car with the wires connected both ways to determine which combination is correct. If your first guess is wrong, the car will start, but it won’t run properly.

Install your cap, rotor and wires and you’re done. Enjoy the reliability and confidence in knowing that this module can be replaced at ANY auto parts store in the country.