Available rebuilt brake master cylinders for RL411

The correct brake master cylinder for the RL411 front disc rear drum brake system is a NABCO-07, Nissan part number 4601-18901. Dealer spread sheets show "available" but they are not. On ordering, up comes a on back order status. Clicking on the back order shows order cancelled. My local dealer, Power Nissan of South Bay, Hawthorne CA has arranged for the rebuild of our old units. "New" was listed at $185.59, you can have yours rebuilt for $100 plus sales tax. Picked mine up this afternoon, looks great! If interested call 310-5364000 and ask for parts department. My order was handled by "Brandon" so I'm throwing any orders his way. If you are in the LA area, the dealers address is 14810 Hindry Ave, Hawthorne CA 90250. This is the old Torrance Nissan and they have treated me and my car well since 1973, as long as I have been in the LA area. I am posting this here because I don't believe this master cylinder is stock for any other model Datsun.

I get nothing out of this except the sartisfaction of a really good service and parts staff getting an "Attaboy".

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, these are dealer supplied rebuilt parts [4601-18901 Rebuilt] and carry the Nissan part warranty. They will be stamped with a rebuild date and the warranty dates from that date, plus you have your sales slip. If by chance you get the correct rebuild kit, I believe there are two kits "A" and "B" depending on what replacement parts are provided, the success or failure of the rebuild is on your shoulders.

Another reason not to toss any replaced parts early in the life cycle. Thanks to Renault the replacement parts will disappear sooner that a Ford part. When my RL411 needed a left front fender after 30 years, it was still in stock and was delivered the following morning [for $38 no less. The body shop shit their pants!]

Edited by MikeRL411
  • 1 year later...

Hello-

I recently purchased a Datsun 411 Wagon, but the only thing stopping me from driving this little wagon, is the brake master is shot, the only thing I know about this part is it's a bear to find. The master I have on it right now is Miyaco 7/8 , so is there a replacement for this Brake master? Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

• Datsunparts.com lists a new master cylinder, their part number 1560, which I have on order as of today. It has the brake line connection on the correct side for the 411 and is listed as an optional 7/8 master cylinder for the RL411 so may well fit your car. This is under their "DATSUNparts.com: Brakes-1500" listing and is nominally for the 1500 roadster and RL411. The original "push rod" may have to be substituted or the one on the new unit may have enough adjustment to equal the existing clevis to firewall length. I will let you know how it works out and will have the result at the Queen Mary on 15 September for anyone who wants to see how this worked out.

• They also list master rebuild kits, don't know how that would work out, but since the internal guts are independent of which side the brake line fitting is on they should work.

Hello-

I recently purchased a Datsun 411 Wagon, but the only thing stopping me from driving this little wagon, is the brake master is shot, the only thing I know about this part is it's a bear to find. The master I have on it right now is Miyaco 7/8 , so is there a replacement for this Brake master? Any help would be much appreciated.

Good news! My new brake master cylinder that I bought from Datsun Parts just arrived. It's a genuine Nissan part, P/N 46010-10800, the exact unit that you need for your 1300 PL411. It is a 7/8ths unit and will install without any problems on any 411. It is coded for left hand drive 411 except 1.6 liter but the only thing I can see different is that it has a smaller volume fluid tank so I will transplant my larger brake fluid cannister. I will post pix in the "brakes" section when I take them before installation.

• Like 1