Wanted: 74 710 hardtop or 73 610 hardtop

After driving almost nothing but stationwagons and hatchbacks since I started driving, I've decided to track down a '74 710 hardtop or '73 610 hardtop. I like the 710 with the smiley bumpers and the 610 with the tiny bumpers.

My 75 Datsun 100A wagon was wrecked about a month ago and passed along to someone who could better handle the body work, and I'd like to drive something a bit bigger and more quiet for road trips. ...and it would be nice to be able to find parts without having to wait for the mail to arrive from England or Finland.

(P.S., thanks for the help England and Finland - you guys are great!)

Something free of rust holes and drivable is essential. Manual transmission, white interior and green exterior would be best, but I'm flexible on those details.

I live in New York State, but I'm willing to travel cross-country for the right car. I've driven across and back in a Gremlin, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for any leads,

Will

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'73 hardtop w/ smiley bumpers. Note hand crank behind driver's door.

merlinsneighbor001.jpg

White interior...

merlinsneighbor007.jpg

Hatch removed to hold more firewood. Hand crank dump feature.

merlinsneighbor006.jpg

Location interior of BC.

Yep - that's my old Datsun Cherry, the second one I brought over from England. The first one was hit and totalled by a taxi while it was parked! Luckily I saved almost everything from the first car, so the new owner will have enough parts for the repairs.

It actually isn't too difficult to bring a car that is over 25 years old into the USA.

I've only really had those two Datsun 100A's over the past eight years, so it would be nice to try something else, and I've always liked the 610 and 710 hardtops.

-Will

Perfect!

Is this the CDM model with the overdrive hand crank, so that my left arm doesn't get tired at highway speeds?

-Will

Those door panels look nice, especially since the hatch has been gone long enough for moss to grow! - how long ago did you snap the pictures?

'73 hardtop w/ smiley bumpers. Note hand crank behind driver's door.

White interior...

merlinsneighbor007.jpg

Location interior of BC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.