SR20DET Heater Core Lines

dennis

At first I was going to bypass my heater core all together but I figured since I want to drive my kids to school with my 510 every once in a while then I should have a working heater.

Anyways, I have been looking around for some options because I want to do something cool and not just run some heater hoses off the block to the core. I was thinking about cutting the outlet pipes and then running a 37* flare and some AN fittings to a some matching AN bulkhead fittings on the fire wall then cut the heater core inlet/outlet and plumb them into the bulkhead fittings. Anyone else have any cool solutions?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see going with rubber hose if this was just going to be a slap in an SR build. But, I am trying to go with a super clean blingy type engine. The engine bay is going to stay as is to give it that WTF factor. The engine will be sterile clean but the engine bay will be like a junkies burnt spoon.

*** WTF am I doing here? I am off to work on the 510 and clean up my garage.