Weber Carb Question

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27/26 SIDEDRAFT carb?

I've seen a couple folks say they have a 26/27, but it's always been a 32/36 DGV downdraft, or if it really is a 26/27 it's a dead ringer for a DGV.

I know the 32/36 in Ford applications comes with a 26/27mm venturi, but these are all downdraft carbs, not sidedrafts. I've never seen a sidedraft with different sized barrels, they're usually just one number.

So, the 27/26 isn't enough info... what's the model designation (DCOE, IDF, etc). Of course it could be an obsolete carb that you can't get parts for.

Maybe a few pictures would help see what you've actually got.

Sounds like an early DGV.

http://www.racetep.com/webercarbjet.html

Measure the throttle plates, or at least the bores.

Its the plate size that determines the basic carb model (32/36 DGAV etc), the

cast in chokes are often marked with numbers on the outside of the carb

that are part of the casting.

The specific Weber part number is a conglomeration of the basic model, the choke sizes and the specific idle/main/air corrector/idle/pump orifice/Pump actuator hole/emulsion tubes.

Specific result becomes an application specific "tune" for a given engine application.

Replacement carbs and aftermarket carbs are sold with "common" tuning configurations which work reasonably well with most engine setups.

Application specific carbs often have oddball jetting to cure a particular anomaly with that engine and might be deficient as compared to the aftermarket setup.

Those aren't sidedrafts. They're downdrafts with a 90deg adapter to mount to the original sidedraft manifold. Looks like a pair of old 32/36 DGVs. The 32/36 has a venturii of 26/27, which is stamped on the REALLY old 32/36s. Sometimes they'll have the right numbers stamped on the base, 32/36DGV.

It is stamped on both carbs 27/26

Stamped or cast numbers? Looking down the barrels, if you see 27 and 26 cast into it, that's the venturi size.

Measure the bores at the manifold end with a measuring tape. All DGV or DFV should measure 32mm and 36mm -- even those with 27/26 venturis ("chokes").

Thanks for the information.. The forum is very helpful because I could not find the information online.

I am selling all of my Datsuns and parts... I have had the cars and lots of extra parts for over 25 years., but it's time to move on.. This forum is a great place with helpful info.

If anyone needs anything, just comment here or send me a message..

Hank