Needed: dogleg 5 speed parts

OlyRon

I hope someone can help me with this. I am in the middle of repairing a series 60L dogleg 5-speed. The countershaft rear caged needle bearing was completely trashed, and damaged the thrust washers for the countershaft. I was able to find a good used 37 X 28 x 20 mm bearing (no longer available new anywhere that I can find), but so far no thrust washers. I need a standard rear washer and a #8 front washer (could probably get by with a #6 or #7). Anyone with parts trannies out there? Used would be ok. The front should measure about .098", the rear .090". I could also use a good idler gear, as mine is a bit rashy.

Any help is appreciated.

Ron

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron:

Google -Rock Auto, Nissan, 1982 pick 210 Delux, 1.5L under transmission - manual they list counter shaft bearings. I didn't see shims you maybe able to get them at the dealer- If dealer uncooperative let me know, the dealer down here has been helpful. They also list countershaft thrust bearing. Doug

I hope someone can help me with this. I am in the middle of repairing a series 60L dogleg 5-speed. The countershaft rear caged needle bearing was completely trashed, and damaged the thrust washers for the countershaft. I was able to find a good used 37 X 28 x 20 mm bearing (no longer available new anywhere that I can find), but so far no thrust washers. I need a standard rear washer and a #8 front washer (could probably get by with a #6 or #7). Anyone with parts trannies out there? Used would be ok. The front should measure about .098", the rear .090". I could also use a good idler gear, as mine is a bit rashy.

Any help is appreciated.

Ron

Rear counter thrust washer ....................... 32284 - H9000 (about $15)

Front thrust washers.................................. 32224 - H7200, H7201, H7202, H7203, H7204, H7205, H7206 and H7207 (sorry I don't have the thicknesses to go with the numbers, and about $12 ea.)

Reverse idler gear?.................................... 32282 - H9000 (about $140)

Thanks very much. And from Doug, I have the thicknesses that go with those part numbers. I need one of the 32284 - H9000 and one of the 32224 - H7204. Must pass on the idler gear -we'll see how the one I have works and go from there. How should we proceed with this?

Ron