return of the alternator specter

laotsu

replaced my pl521's alternator recently after having a bunch of fuse issues that led me to believe I had a bad alt. two days ago i had the truck die because it was running on just battery and I didnt know. after a little hunt i found that the whit wire was not connected to the alt body and the stud looks like it broke off or something. the wire shows a bunch of heat damage right at the loop that goes on the stud. I wonder if i am overcharging or what the hell. I was able to reconnect the wire to the alt and the truck will run without the battery, so I know the alt is charging, but it dies when I turn on the lights.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

, but it dies when I turn on the lights. ????????

Thats normal if you pull the batt cable. when you put a load it will die but bast to keep battery in circut.

But one of those cig lighter battery ckers. they work and they are cheap. Equus.com sells them.

You can monitor this stuff before it goes bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!driving waering out the battery

Buy 5 of theede and give them out to other Datsun guys!!!!!!!

http://www.equus.com/Product/Detail/9D1F54B4-F1D3-4C67-827E-91FE755F3483

, but it dies when I turn on the lights. ????????

Thats normal if you pull the batt cable. when you put a load it will die but bast to keep battery in circut.

But one of those cig lighter battery ckers. they work and they are cheap. Equus.com sells them.

You can monitor this stuff before it goes bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!driving waering out the battery

OK good that is normal.