44m mikuni stack fiters needed

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to pick up a car, but I need to buy or borrow someone's stack filters asap? does anyone have a set?

Where are you picking up the car from? I am assuming it already has stacks but no filters but how far of a drive is it I drove my wagon and Lisas 510 around for a long time with no filters, Troy has never had filters on his carbs in the bluebird...if its not that far I wouldnt worry to much about it

but if your that worried about it look at the link in the last thread you started about carbs...

I will make it easy for you...http://www.piercemanifolds.com/

bookmark it, they are good people and they are somewhat local

Driving it back from Mississippi. I called Pierce this morning and they don't have them in stock.

with the cost of gas and air fare now a days I would bet it would be cheaper to have it shipped out here, last time I checked from new york to hayward it was like $850 bucks on an open trailer about 1100 on in inclosed trailer might be a bit cheaper from Mississippi

Clayton

with the cost of gas and air fare now a days I would bet it would be cheaper to have it shipped out here, last time I checked from new york to hayward it was like $850 bucks on an open trailer about 1100 on in inclosed trailer might be a bit cheaper from Mississippi

Clayton

Looking at a trip from Mid Mississippi to the East Bay is approx 2100 miles one way.

Say this car gets 20 mpg, that's gonna use up 105 gallons of gas

Average national (not here of course) cost of a gallon of gas currently is $3.56, so in gas alone it's going to be $373

Now say you are traveling at an average 60MPH for say 14 hours a day that'll get you 830 miles in one day, so you'll be driving for just under 3 days so that'll mean at least 2 nights stay, let's say an average of $70 for a room and that's a no frills No-Tell Motel, that's $140 in lodging alone right there.

Sure you can survive on gas station food but let's say you spend at min. $25/day on some cheap food, that's another $50-$60 in food alone (and this would be some cheap eats)

So you'd be looking at $373 (gas) + $140 (lodging) + $60 (food) = $573 Total, lets round up to $600 to account for that late night taco bell drive thru or whatever...for maybe an extra $250 more you can have the car shipped and have the convinience and peace of mind of not having to be a test car pilot on the way back from such a far place.

EDIT: Oh yeah and this doesn't even include the airfare!

Looking at a trip from Mid Mississippi to the East Bay is approx 2100 miles one way.

Say this car gets 20 mpg, that's gonna use up 105 gallons of gas

Average national (not here of course) cost of a gallon of gas currently is $3.56, so in gas alone it's going to be $373

Now say you are traveling at an average 60MPH for say 14 hours a day that'll get you 830 miles in one day, so you'll be driving for just under 3 days so that'll mean at least 2 nights stay, let's say an average of $70 for a room and that's a no frills No-Tell Motel, that's $140 in lodging alone right there.

Sure you can survive on gas station food but let's say you spend at min. $25/day on some cheap food, that's another $50-$60 in food alone (and this would be some cheap eats)

So you'd be looking at $373 (gas) + $140 (lodging) + $60 (food) = $573 Total, lets round up to $600 to account for that late night taco bell drive thru or whatever...for maybe an extra $250 more you can have the car shipped and have the convinience and peace of mind of not having to be a test car pilot on the way back from such a far place.

EDIT: Oh yeah and this doesn't even include the airfare!

You do make a good point, but you don't factor in the awesome memories one attains on a good road trip. An old and unknown car can make that even better (more chance for adventure!) I vote for picking it up and driving it home. Sorry I don't have a source for stack filters, I would personally not run them on my car. A proper air filter will provide much better performance.

I totally hear the fun factor in a good old fashion road trip but unless I'm driving a modern car or going with a caravan, driving 2000+ miles in a car that I'm not positive can handle that drive, I'd strongly reconsider it. But hey if you're adventurous (aka younger) and can wrench on the side of the road, go for it by all means. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.