BMW Free25I E36

yep you heard right. i am now the owner of a 93 BMW 325I 4dr. why havent i owned one LONG before now. but without any further hesitation.....

93 BMW 325I E36 4 door

221,000 miles

M50 2.5l Inline 6

4spd automatic

Power LEATHER interior

sunroof

cruise

ac (blows cold THANK GOD!!!)

keyless entry (aftermarket but i have the dealer installed alarm but at $117 a fob i can live with it)

ABS

power windows

and the one thing everyone loves..... a FULL SIZE SPARE!!!!!

i have done some work on this beast. when i got it, i had to replace the water pump. thats why it was free. the guy i got it off of had a friend that promised to do an S50/S52 swap out of an M3. this went on for about 2 months then said friend moved to NEW YORK with no notice. so up it went for free. after 3 days it was still available so i jumped on it. i was actually surprised that it was still available. i mean come on, a FREE BMW??? who wouldn't be all over it?

so i did some research into what all these things need and it seems that the water pumps on these fail. i also found a place on line BimmerWorld that had a cooling system "Refresh" kit that included a new water pump, radiator, upper and lower rad hoses, thermostat and METAL t-stat housing (better than plastic), new belt and all necessary gaskets as well. i also went ahead and did a fan delete mod. the fan blades are also notorious coming apart and will kill water pumps. so delete it and make it not an issue anymore. it takes a bottle of WaterWetter and an E-Fan switch from an E36 318TI. so now it runs just like a top. still have a bunch of work to do on the motor but for now it works BEAUTIFULLY!.

i have also replaced the Fog Lights, and suspension in it. the fogs are just aftermarket replacements but in yellow instead of the factory clear. i love em. as for the suspension, i found that it was actually CHEAPER to go with an H&R Sport cup kit than OE type struts alone. 2.1 inch drop in the front and a 1.7 inch drop in the rear, looks AWESOME!!!!

so heres some pics of it. i thought ya might like it.

the day after i got it home...

th_Picture061.jpg

th_Picture060.jpg

th_Picture053.jpg

th_Picture052.jpg

th_Picture051.jpg

th_Picture062.jpg

th_IMG00001-20110118-1415_2.jpg

after teh new foglights and cleaning the plastic headlight lenses

th_IMG00008-20110209-0041_2.jpg

th_IMG00007-20110207-1537_2.jpg

and after teh new suspension. yes i use it as my daily for deliveries...

th_IMG00009-20110209-1659_2.jpg

th_Picture014.jpg

th_Picture013.jpg

th_Picture012.jpg

th_Picture011.jpg

th_Picture010.jpg

let me know what ya think. i know i LOVE the thing.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

been a while since i updated this thread. been fighting with window issues (new drivers regulator is needed), and some cooling system issues as well. coolant bottle leaks bad so thats the next thing on the list to do. but since i last updated this thread i have installed new tails to replace the cracked ones (M3 style red and clear) and i came across a set of ZKW (one of 3 brands authorized by BMW as replacements) projector headlights with HIDS and clear corners. it totally updates the look of the car. i have some pics to load so once i do i will post em.

• 3 weeks later...