running driving rusting 1978 510

ok so after some contemplation i decided i want one good datsun instead of 2 pretty nice shape ones and a sh!t pile. this forsale thread is for that sh!t pile that i have grown of so fond of. if you can get past the rust this car is pretty rad. has a dogleg 5 speed mated to an l20b with 2brand new slave cylenders. one is for a truck though i just bought the wrong one. you can have them both though cause it would work if you mess with the hose lines. anyways rust is through the body in a few spots. i would assume the floor boards but havent touched the carpet. interior is pretty rough but its all there along with the chrome. you can buy the whole car (i have been daily driving it and been having a blast with the thing) it makes regular trips to oly from where i live and does fine. have 2 gass tanks and a full set of glass for it aside from whats in the car. the car is for sale as parts or whole. i would prefer whole car but it probably worth more to me as parts. think of it as a running driving everything you need to swap an l20b and 5speed into your car that i will even deliver for the right price. i know there are a few things tenatively spoken for by izzo and bananahammock so now is a speak now and forever hold your pieces moment. just want my money back out of this car so i can dump it into anotehr datsun. cash in full is 600 obo its street legal til november. have title. dont want to part it out unitil a lot of parts are spoken for.

other stuff im willing to part with include

progressive 8in wide -45 offset wheels with 3 good tires and 2 bad. 300 obo

z turbine with really aggressive snow tread brand new tires 200 obo

4 into 1 exhaust manifold square port 60 obo

44mm lectron racing fast by gas itb rack 400 obo (over a thousand new) comes with 3 needle jet sizes

random fuel pump? guy before me ran it with the itbs and accidently left it in the box when he shipped them but said i could have it. free with itbs at full asking price.

polished cam cover 80 bucks? idk what they go for there was one on cl for 100 so make offer.

all parts are in western washingotn but i am very flexible to meet up/ deliver/ ship elsewhere.

here are some pictsharz>

downsized_1008001544.jpg

0105012105.jpg

0109011211a.jpgc

0201011636-1.jpg

PRICES ARE PRETTY FLEXIBLE just dont offer circus peanuts

thanks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ps fires right up idles drives fine suspension is a little mush but does great on gravel and goes places my friends with 4x4's cant go. shifts fine through all the gears and pulls hard. i can spin 205's off the line not even trying. and it obliterates stock d series honda's lol

Guest DatsuNoob

ps fires right up idles drives fine suspension is a little mush but does great on gravel and goes places my friends with 4x4's cant go. shifts fine through all the gears and pulls hard. i can spin 205's off the line not even trying. and it obliterates stock d series honda's lol

Sounds like you've been floggin her pretty hard :lol: GLWS

Sounds like you've been floggin her pretty hard :lol: GLWS

babied all its life ;] never abused and only taken to church on sundays lol

yeah i do beat on it hard but im sellin it for the motor and the trans. i dont down shift thats for jackasses and i dont make the thing redline. so really if you can get past how ugly and sick it is the thing actually doesnt drive bad. fires up in the snow... for snow abuse.. fires up on hot days for down at the river abuse.. it really does run good. but yeah suspension is rally beat. all thats good it motor and trans and a few bits here and there. believe me i think i'll need the good luck to sell it whole parts there has to be some interest. i'll try and craigslist it if nobody on ratsun wants a cheap running driving l20b

Did not know these existed. All square port I've seen are thw kind that bolt to the intake. Do you have a picture of the square ports and single outlet to confirm???

pics of 4 into 1 exhaust manifold?

and are you willing to ship?

There is one hiding behind the Rim and it's a square port 4-2 with a 2-1 y pipe. It doesn't look like the factory l16 but I'll get more pictures. Don't know much else but the guy I bought it from said it was the best set up for l series he is just selling it becuase he got long tube headers made.

Dude I wish you were closer to porttland. I'm in need of a cheap datto. An a 510 would be sick right about now.

I could meet half way too? Have some interest in motor and trans but I'd prefer to keep one more on the road ya know? Were you the person who pm'd me? If not shoot me an offer

pics of 4 into 1 exhaust manifold?

and are you willing to ship?

There is one hiding behind the Rim and it's a square port 4-2 with a 2-1 y pipe. It doesn't look like the factory l16 but I'll get more pictures. Don't know much else but the guy I bought it from said it was the best set up for l series he is just selling it becuase he got long tube headers made.

Yeah that's a 4 onto 2 manifold.Too, too bad. I was really hoping there was a true 4 into one manifold for the L20B.

Moore pics and package dealz if you buy stuff together. Will ship at buyers expense.

0320011558.jpg

0320011559.jpg

0320011601.jpg

0320011603.jpg

0320011604.jpg

here are the parts and a close up of the turbine wheel. All the same could use paint but no damage. All tires hold air. Just dirty but I can clean them up if buyer specifies and pays in full lol that's the 4-2 it reads japan a 26 on it. The fuel pump says Thompson and is designed to work with the itbs. Picture of them and all linkage and 3 never been used jet sizes will fit any build street or track from what po told me just change jet sizes. Also have a tuning driver for them. Looks like a stihl chainsaw bar wrench if you ask me... It probabaly is. Manifold is an example of what you need to do. It's just a mock up and came of the previous car they were mounted on. It's a stock ford 1.9 liter z tech or something. Basically just take a stock l series manifold cut it down and weld on the pipe segments included. I am not a good welder so I haven't made one myself but I figure a shop couldn't charge more than twenty 5 bucks to do it or just do it yourself for free. All hoses and clamps included to mount them onto your car too

• 2 weeks later...

ill take the letrons if available

I just check with post office cant post the bumpers they work out to be too long.

Can you use the calc and Ill pay for the postage online and then pay you the money

using some postal service? Unless you have a mate with paypal?

can anyone act as mediator since this soon to be Tikki Aloha Kamper Drifter doesnt have paypal?

Aust post are scum, they will accept 30kg and different sizes beyond the limits from overseas

but dont do the same out of the country. Quite alot of Old England based bureaucratic garbage really.

Even from England you cant receive more than 2kg out of that country from their post you have to

arrange freight, so in Australia we could be worse off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.