Window regulator questions.

hellamikey

So, my drivers side window regulator is just about toast. I can roll it up to about 2.5 inches from the top, then the crank just spins and the window falls. I found 2 620s in a local junkyard, (a 75 and a 76) both with good regulators. so the plan is to pull one as a replacement. the thing is this, I pulled the steering column trim off the 75 only to find that it is a different size to that of my 79 which made me wonder if there were other differences between the years in trim/sheet metal.

So here are my questions:

Are there any differences in window regulator between the 75/76/79 620s? if so, will a 720 regulator fit?

and

uhh...how the hell do you take those things out?

I know the 240/260 and 280's had different doors (same shape, but more crash resistance/heftier latches in the later models) which prevent a swap without mods. did they do anything similar with the other models?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible to repair the regulator too... need a mill and a lathe, but i was able to rebuild the one in my rusted out long bed. Basicly machined a new piece of aluminum to go around the splined crank handle. The old one is made of really cheap cast aluminum or pop-metal and cracks away from the knurl on the inside. Works awesome now!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I'm looking for a good drivers side window regulator for a 620.  I know the 720 wont work in the 620 cause I tried that.  There are no 620s here in Louisiana to get parts off of so if any of you guys out west can come accross one at a junk yard or have one lying around ,  I would love to buy it from you, plus shipping.  Thanks.