L-Series A87 Peanut Head

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, I have for sale a closed-chamber high-compression L-Series head. No guts, just a clean hot-tanked and shaved head core- it is a prime candidate for a port-and-polish. Has been re-surfaced. I got this in trade a while back with plans of using it, but ended up with an L-20 that already has high compression, due to the NAPZ22 flattops in it- so this puppy sat around the garage in bubble wrap. I haven't figured out how to throw pics into the page yet, im kinda new to the Ratsun.net page. If you have any questions or if you want to see pictures of said head you can shoot me a direct e-mail at northwesthesher@mail.com and I will get back to ya asap! Since its just a core and no guts I was thinking $60? willing to take best offer. Can ship, but just setup my paypal account, so ill have to get familiar with it. Hope someone can use it

wassup man im new to this too. This is what the peanut motor is yeah ? So will this just bolt right up to my L20? can i use the same cam an everything? if i can use it i want it!

wassup man im new to this too. This is what the peanut motor is yeah ? So will this just bolt right up to my L20? can i use the same cam an everything? if i can use it i want it!

all L series 4 cyl heads are interchangeable

There is no peanut motor. The closed chamber head is referred to as a peanut because of it's resemblance to a ...... peanut shape.... sort of. Yes it will bolt to your L20B.

If you have an old L20B cam swap the cam and the rest of the rockers but do not unbolt the cam towers unless the A-87 does not have them. Keep the rockers in the same order so they go back in in the same position on the cam. I find plastic sandwich bags are good for keeping them in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A quick check would have shown you he has only made 5 posts and the last one Mar 30 of this year. The last post here was from TeamHightower in April sending a PM. He's either gone or the head was sold and there was no reply to close this thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.