WHAT WEBER SHOULD I USE!!!!!

dropdatsun

Ok so hear is what i plan to do. i have a l20b with a u67 head i plan to to make it a 2.3lz with a better cam and a turbo. Im thinking that im going to use a blow throw system with a t3 t4 turbonetis turbo that i pick up. im also going to ad a side draft carb, most likely a weber. now my question is should i use a 40 dcoe or a 48doc sp carb. most of the time bigger is better but would i actualy see a diference.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Run a 32/36 for the best drive ability. And lets face it, most driving is done at slower speeds and a too big carb will run like shit. If you were going to run a turbo later, you can simply dial up a few more pounds to make up for a smaller carb. There's a guy on the Realm that has a blow through 32/36 and makes a hair under 250 RWHP. He had the secondary reamed out (and re jetted) so it's more like a 32/39, or something. Drives well at low non boost and when 'on it' it opens this huge secondary.

thanks for the info. that realy helps me olot, the only reason that i asked its because i have see it done and i just dirent know how would it wil run. its going to be a dayly driver but at the same time when i hit the pedle i want it to go, maybe schooled some hondas that are around town.

Ok so hear is what i plan to do. i have a l20b with a u67 head i plan to to make it a 2.3lz with a better cam and a turbo. Im thinking that im going to use a blow throw system with a t3 t4 turbonetis turbo that i pick up. im also going to ad a side draft carb, most likely a weber. now my question is should i use a 40 dcoe or a 48doc sp carb. most of the time bigger is better but would i actualy see a diference.

Usually.. the Z22 block is bored to 89 mm for the LZ23....?