heater core install

ok so i just got to my dads house here in sac and i got a heater core and after flushing to core and checking for leaks and testing the fan, the damn thing works! but im running into a few problems..... one, i have no idea where it mounts under the dash, i dont know if im missing parts and im cold..... anyone have pics of where the upper part of the heatercore mounts to the underside of the dash?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The unit mounts to the fire wall If I remember and then two bolts to some brackets under the dash and then you have one hose on the passenger side and then another that goes to the valve on the drivers side. there are also two rubber vent tubes that connect to the unit that goes to the ducting. you should also have two cables that go for controlling heat and for either vent or floor.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i got the heater in and working, but i dont have the cables to make it cool, and i also dont have the vents, hoses or anything to divert the direction of heated air...... i just have the heater core and the speed switch. it works great, but it just sits in there. ill post pics tomorrow of what i have in the car....