WTB: SU choke screws

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't source them from a hardware store/Fastenal? I only ask because I'm probably gonna need to find them, too.

ya prob but I dont have any to get specs from, I have no idea what the bolt size or thread pitch is?

I need the screws that hold the choke cable in.

screws right into the piece above "160-03" in the pic. or just if anyone knows what the bolt size and thread pitch are?

160-03.jpg

Same size and thread pitch as the dome tops and the fasteners for the float bowls. Get the shortest ones possible (16mm or less)

Also make sure that when you push in the choke that it retracts all the way tight to the bottom of the jet seat. Other wise you will always run rich and it will make you crazy. Most guys miss this if their carbs are over flowing out the top and start messing with the float level. Then it just compounds the problem. If you cut off the frayed ends of the choke cable you can make them too short and cause the above mentions problem. Also, only use silicone spray on the outside of the brass choke tubes. Works great and other stuff tends to gum up the works. There is a write up I did in the tech wiki on 311s.org on how to replace the inner choke cable with a teflon coated bicycle brake cable it you really want to get fancy. Call me if you have any questions as I have got this shit pretty dialed in from all the roadster stuff of this sort over the years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.