710 (160J) Tachometer connection help???

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the induction type used on the early 620s

Look at the 12:00 position on yours..

2mfk8h.jpg

Looks like the same 4-5 wire on the 620...

620tachhook-up.jpg

Not sure but I think the 4-5 wire is the trigger for the tach. It simply loops through that connection ti induce a signal. Not at all sure if it's in series with the coil neg to points or in parallel with it. Datsunaholic might know.

Hey man, sorry I couldn't wait for your reply, I connected it and it worked, but its kinda laggy, its takes a long time to get to its original place, sometimes it doesn't and I have to shake the gauge to get it to the current engine rpm. Could it be fixed?

Thanks

You will have to look for a speedometer calibration near you. They have the proper tools to calibrate the tach. DO NOT do it yourself! You run the risk of ruining it. Good Luck!

You will have to look for a speedometer calibration near you. They have the proper tools to calibrate the tach. DO NOT do it yourself! You run the risk of ruining it. Good Luck!

Thanks man, I will see if I can find one. The problem was that there is so much dust in the tachometer, I sprayed a little gasoline on it and the niddle worked correctly (gets back to the current rpm instead of hanging where it reached), and thanks for the hint, PUSH ME LUCK!!!!!