wheel offset help

cave

just need a little opinion with what offset to choose

i am about to order rear wheels from diamond racing in 13X8 and i have no clue on what offset to get im looking to run 165 65 r 13 on the rears and i want fitment like in the pic

145-65-13onan13x8.jpg

any idea on what offset i would need to get this result out of a 710

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What front suspension are you running???? ,..... .. a 13x7 or 13x6 in the front would look alot better

a 13x8 +15 would be good for the rears .... . .. but in the front you would need 1-inch spacers,,,, and the wheels would be sticking out 2 inches past the fender

Do you really like the look of 13s????? ........ .. here is a 13x7 +10 in the front of my 710 with stock 710 struts:

71014.jpg

71020.jpg

I strongly incourage you to re-consider 13" wheels .... . .. 14, 15, or 16s would look MUCH better .... . . . and if you ever want bigger front brakes 13s will not fit

here is a 16x7 +22 front wheel .... .. . . .and 16x8 +12 rear wheel ....... . .. 195/40-and-215/40/16 tires

51071014.JPG

710154.jpg

That is basically on the bump-stops ... .. . :D ........ . . .with a few hundred pounds of concrete ........ :lol:

Still not low enough in my opinion.... .. . . but what are your plans for lowering the rear suspension????

What about the front suspension???

alright took the measurements and looks like i have 6 inches of backspacing and 6 inches from the mounting surface of the hub to the fender on the back so i think a 13X8 with two inch backspacing would fit provided i can get a tire about 165 65 r 13 stretched onto it . plus im not really into big 16 inch rims on classic jap cars more old school wheels . what do you guys think ??

alright took the measurements and looks like i have 6 inches of backspacing and 6 inches from the mounting surface of the hub to the fender on the back so i think a 13X8 with two inch backspacing would fit provided i can get a tire about 165 65 r 13 stretched onto it . plus im not really into big 16 inch rims on classic jap cars more old school wheels . what do you guys think ??

oh and for suspension just lowering blocks and custom u bolts with hts rears out of an AE86 and ae68 rear sway bar

forgot to mention this is just for the rear i will figure out the front when i get done with the rear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if you run rims larger than 15's i will fly down to mexico city and stab you.

thirteens will look fine, but like GGzilla said, go with negative offset

well i dont think you will have to stab me since i started modifying my stock steel wheels i will see if they will fit

stock

DSC02395.jpg

after

001.jpg

002.jpg

13X 8.5 3.75" backspacing rears only will post more pics when done with the suspension and the wheels are powdercoated and mounted

• 3 weeks later...

rears done and then i have to figure out the fronts but thats after i figure out the suspension i need

012.jpg

014-1.jpg

008.jpg

005-1.jpg

and the new assistant measuring the lip

017.jpg

final specs on rears

13X8.5 3.75 inch backspacing tire will be 165 65 r13

pics on car coming soon