Split Bumper

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks flatcat! I'll take Ebay. My SY is raped and pillaged of all that is Datsun, pretty depressing.

Maybe you'll get lucky with those ebay bumpers, and they do indeed come with brackets. I wish you luck.

If it were me, I would just tear off the gawd-awful diving board of a bumper you got, then wait for some real bumperettes to show up.

That's what I did. And I couldn't be happier. The brackets on these originals are a bit goofy...but you might be able to fab up something to make them fit.

I have never seen another pair, so I can't say how well original ones fit. Mine are just a bit crooked. Another ratsuner said his bumperettes were crooked as well.

I do wish you luck though.

If you end up needing the brackets I have a set on my 71' 521 that I am not going to use. These are just the bumper brackets no bumpers. I can get pics if you are interested.

Hell yeah. Get this guy's brackets and those ebay bumpers. Game. Set. Match.

If he posts the pics, I'll be able to tell ya if they're the right one's for those bumperettes. As I recall, they were a bit goofy.

I want to say they were a bit "Y" shaped?

I love the double-post failure! I gave love. Go read my project thread. I give credit where it's due. I even gave you credit for the mirror too.

Now hook me up with that exhaust manifold, you got. I'll love you long time!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.