Aftermarket accessory section?

73super

Hey, does anybody have a list of aftermarket pieces that are or used to be available for the 620? We've got pics of ol' skool, new skool, what about past accessories? I'm curious as to what was available to fully dress out a 620 back in the day.... just a thought. :cool:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

curb feelers and mud flaps? us new school kiddos are more interested in taking things off of the trucks than adding things on, ie removing the HOOKS, handles, badges, antennas and fuel doors! i dont know if you have seen a JC Whitney catalogue lately, but there are all kinds of add on's in that thing. you know im just messin with ya super!

curb feelers and mud flaps? us new school kiddos are more interested in taking things off of the trucks than adding things on, ie removing the HOOKS, handles, badges, antennas and fuel doors! i dont know if you have seen a JC Whitney catalogue lately, but there are all kinds of add on's in that thing. you know im just messin with ya super!

One day you'll all look at your trucks and say "What the hell was I thinking!?!"..but as long as they aren't hacked up to where you can't bring them back to good "working" trucks.. I guess you guys can have your fun.. just remember to SAVE.. NOT SHAVE... the HOOKS!!! :D

Back in the day when I was growing up in Idaho, we hauled everything from hay to firewood in our little 620. I mean we really loaded it down and it always came through.. Toys? I say Nayyyy!!!!! Mine hauls my fishing boat, moves my travel trailer around, hauls concrete, bark, etc. Good little truck.. Don't need no stinkin' V8 to be useful. My F150 has a six in it.. no V8, you'd be surprised what I haul in that thing.

yeah, all i own are 4 cyl. trucks. i used to pull a racing trailer with my s-10, but now i just haul the bikes in the back. i do have to borrow a v-8 big boy truck to pull the boat though!! we took a v-6 f-150 to troy ohio one time with 3 bikes in the bed and pulling a 20ft. camper....probably got 9mpg. hahahaha. the PO to my datsun was a logger and he was telling me all kinds of stories of hauling and pulling out stuff with the truck. although, if i was going to do WORK with a truck a lot, it would have 8 cylinders and could be diesel or gas. but i'll quit whoring up your post now and hope that you find some sources for these old school parts that you dream about! LOL!!

I've touched on this subject many, many times. I have full knowledge of everything that was ever offered. If I didn't see it first hand, I have almost every magazine that has ever had an accessory listed either as a vintage ad or product review. I am just finishing up going through every Pickup, Van and 4WD magazine from 1972 through 1980 and found a few more products. These will all be scanned at a later date but I know where to find anything in each issue of at least 10 different magazines I own. When Mark was here I showed Him how I am archiving this project. He could now step in and find anything that I have found. Guy will also be able to do this. Basically this project started as a suggestion of David Murphy, so I have to give Him credit in getting Me started. He also knows how to find anything I've researched. He pretty much asked Me the same question in 2001 which is when I began. There, naturally, is way too much there to answer here but one day it will all be scanned and done for You to go into a gallery to view. Every accessory rim ever made in 6 lug will be documented too. It is quite a project, as You might imagine, but it will be 100% accurate. Hopefully, with photo documentation, You could find a sunroof, for example, on a truck and be able to find out exactly who made it and where they were located. Stay tuned!!:)

Awesome Mike,

I'm also starting to get my own collection of vintage 70's magazines going and will keep an eye out for the vintage "sky ports", flairs and van "port windows".. Maybe start my own vintage collection.

Love it! It was so much more fun back then! I miss all the murals, vans, and creativness.. just don't see it much anymore. I realize that each generation has it's own style.. I just wish I could adjust my thinking. Love the older stuff! :cool:

HOLY CRAP STERIOD! awesome project you are working on. good luck with it! and super, don't give up on my generation! LOL!! if you want vans, go to a motorcycle race, i have been to many races in some pretty tricked out vans. we just don't get too into customizing the outsides because we don't want to draw attention to what is inside!

im tellin ya, sleeping in your van at an event is the way to go. my buddy was sleeping in his in daytona for bike week's events and he heard something and woke up, vandals were trying to get into his van and take his bikes! when he woke up the next morning, they took everybody's bikes but his at the hotel parking lot he was sleeping in. crazy stuff!