521 Brake Line

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The brake lines on a 521 are standard 3/16 SAE brake lines. Any auto parts store should have lines, and the fitting you need, If the truck is still stock. Your truck is 38 years old. There is a reasonable chance somebody changed something in the last 38 years.

The brake lines on a 521 are standard 3/16 SAE brake lines. Any auto parts store should have lines, and the fitting you need, If the truck is still stock. Your truck is 38 years old. There is a reasonable chance somebody changed something in the last 38 years.

All Datsuns use 316 SAE lines?

I tried using brake lines from my spares and didn't seem to fit right on the T block. This is when I screwed it up more by damaging the tread on that block.

Now I have 2 problems, T block and the actual line itself that runs along the rear diff. I have not done tube bending on my own to replace them.

That's why I'd rather use a line that has similar bends like from the other pickups.

• 1 year later...

No, the threads on Datsun have been changed a lot.

I believe one of the changes made from the 521 to the 620 is that the 620 pickups are all metric.

A 521 pickup is around 40 years old. There is a reasonable chance the dreaded "previous owner" changed things.

I was working on the rear brakes of a 1970 521 I own, and found one wheel cylinder that had a metric 10 x 1 thread for the flare nut fitting. The brake line from the block on the axle to the wheel cylinder was a custom made one, with an American 3/16 flare nut on one end, and the metric 10 x 1 flare nut on the other.

I also found wheel cylinders marked 13/16 that were actually 3/4.

I have found that some 521 parts are getting hard to find, and many times an easier to find 620 part will physically bolt up, with a change in fasteners.

Edited by DanielC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.