521 32kb02 inner bearings on ebay

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all parts and bearing houses say they can get them but the master catalog book for all of the usa is wrong. there is a great thread buried somewhere on nwde on this very subject. it's not easy to find the last time it took me forever and i didn't book mark it. that link should have made it over here somewhere by now.

it gets fairly complicated. they will list as 32kb02 and even say 32kb02 but their not the real deal. courtesy phone paging mklots70, please show us that great link so i can book mark it.

Luckily, I noticed the thread title.....you guys might want to pm me if there's something specific like this you want me to check. I only look at about 25% of the threads on here. :)

It's on the 5th page of the disc brake thread....near the bottom.

http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2005&PN=5

At first I thought the price was insane, but the outers(easy to find) can $20-28ea and the WRONG inners(30206) can be about $30ea.....so that's roughly $110 for the 4 bearings. The guys ebay info is all correct. I paid $65ea for the last set of inners I bought for Alan's brakes. They were HR302/32 if I remember right. Same dimensions, just heavier load rating. I couldn't get them anymore last time I checked.

For that kind of money, I'd hit the scrapyard for a set of 620 drum spindles....or use a 2mm spacer and the 620 drum bearing on the 521 spindle. I don't know for sure the spacer will work well, but that's the difference....which is explained in the nwde thread.

I'm trying to get the DRO set up on the lathe so I can start working on another option that will use the Harbody bearings.....which were used from '78-'01 and on many different brands...including chevy's, mercedes....blah, blah, blah :)

Took your advice Mike

Got one from the yard 2 months ago.

I can resolve 2 problems with it.

Don't have to replace the King pin cause it's still in good condition and of course the 620 inner bearings.

Mike, wheel offset is the same right? from a 521 and 620 spindle.

Luckily, I noticed the thread title.....you guys might want to pm me if there's something specific like this you want me to check. I only look at about 25% of the threads on here. :)

It's on the 5th page of the disc brake thread....near the bottom.

http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2005&PN=5

At first I thought the price was insane, but the outers(easy to find) can $20-28ea and the WRONG inners(30206) can be about $30ea.....so that's roughly $110 for the 4 bearings. The guys ebay info is all correct. I paid $65ea for the last set of inners I bought for Alan's brakes. They were HR302/32 if I remember right. Same dimensions, just heavier load rating. I couldn't get them anymore last time I checked.

For that kind of money, I'd hit the scrapyard for a set of 620 drum spindles....or use a 2mm spacer and the 620 drum bearing on the 521 spindle. I don't know for sure the spacer will work well, but that's the difference....which is explained in the nwde thread.

I'm trying to get the DRO set up on the lathe so I can start working on another option that will use the Harbody bearings.....which were used from '78-'01 and on many different brands...including chevy's, mercedes....blah, blah, blah :)

for now i'm just grabbing used 521 32kb02 inner bearings from the yard for extra's. i suppose i should be grabbing the cups in the drums also. or the whole drum seeing that the cups dont come out that easy.

one day i'll get around to the 620 swap or 2mm spacer thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.