J-13 VS. J15

Brian D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the little research I have done, Norlift in Clackamas can get you lots of stuff. Someone told me on here that they are 90% the same engine. I think there is a real front crank seal on the J15 instead of the felt. You can buy a complete rebuild kit for one from the forklift guys.

Where did you find one is the question. I have only heard of one in our area and the guy couldn't decide whether he would part the wrecked 320 it was in out. I didn't want a basket 320, so I guess I missed out on the motor too. I would like to do the J15 swap simply for the 10 extra HP and its a no brainer swap. I'm jealous. I would also like to know what a decent J15 is worth. Last word I got on Ratsun was about $100 running.

I just picked one up a J15 and column shift 4 speed from a 620, cost a case of beer ($40 AUD).

Hoping to chuck it into a 411 wagon pretty soon after putting a gasket kit through it.

Did you guys get column shift manual 411's over there? Or all floor shift.

I'd love a J15 for my '59. Which has the first generation of the J line but was called a C-engine. But what I really want is a J16 or J18 someday.

Anyway I think the J15 is a rad mill for your 520. And the least complicated swap. Goodtimes!