For those of you that don't like the early 68-69 dash....

vgwagon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually wondering about the blue lights, like to do that to my truck.

I removed the green globes and bought these LED's from http://cgi.ebay.ca/2pcs-168-194-1W-High-Power-LED-Spark-Blue-Wedge-Bulb_W0QQitemZ320210605553QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33713QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

These are an upgrade over the ones I have.

Man I love those dashes... who would hate that? I actually like the stock look way more. the blue is a little over the top for me.
I have always liked the early dashes better, especially the 68 dash....just so clean looking.

On the color of the backlighting, I tried to make my tach back lighting green to match the cluster and the old deck which had a green display, with yellow bulbs but the color wasn't even close, then I bought the deck in the picture and thought fuck it, go blue and match it all up.

If I had my choice I would just brighten up the green.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying it looks bad. it looks sharp, just not my taste.

I had a similar problem on my old 240sx, I put a new stereo in and it had blue/green and amber mode and the stock 240sx dash didnt match either at all, so I ended up pulling the condoms off the bulbs and it made it nearly amber, a little light but it was close to matching. :)