Looking for a place to park my car in San Francisco .

Hey guys in going to be staying in down town San Francisco this coming week. Parking garages are pretty spendy. And heard that street parking sucks. I want to keep my car safe. Will mostly be using Public transportation. If any one is willing to help out let me know.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse... you could be staying in downtown Oakland. I've done that. Twice. You don't leave the hotel by foot, ever.

When I was in the Bay Area for work, safest place to park was at home. In Washington.

I assume you aren't staying at a hotel. They have parking, for the most part. Street parking for any length of time is nonexistent in downtown SF. It's metered and has a time limit. Even after the metered hours, finding a spot is next to impossible.

When I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in SF a few times (Embarcadero area) I parked my car in a lot on the corner of Embarcadero and Washington St. I left it there days at a time and never had a problem...but it was a rental car. The hotel wanted to charge me $30/day even though I was a guest there. Crazy talk! Good luck, but if you're in that same area, it might be worth checking out.

what day are you coming in and for how long? I may be able to let you keep your car in my driveway or near my mom's house or if you are willing to pay something can ask if my brother in law can park it in his shop in the city. email me at bull_ogna@hotmail.com for better response