FREE DAN!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no it isn't mine. am not sure what would be causing that. i know some one on here can help you out with that it almost sounds like it could be an alternator. I had a friend that his truck would die coming to a stop and it was that when he pressed the brakes the brake lights came on and the battery wasn't good enough to keep a charge and it running. a easy way to tell is while it is running pull on of the battery cables and it should stay running. I can't remember if it matters what one you pull but i would try that. I hope this helps, I am bad at diagnosing.

Yeah i am not sure but it could be something else. Like i said i am bad at trying to figure out what it wrong. but that could be a start. How i was saying with a friends truck you came to a stop you and to use your left foot for the brakes and continue to keep the rpms up so it wouldn't die

so your charge light doesnt come on then?

Edited by chester

i just thought of it, do you have the stock carb on it? that could be a problem. when i got mine running it had a hard time idling till i put a weber on it. so it could be part carb, part timing. and that is one thing i am not good at this is the first rig i have had that i really had to mess with a carb.