The White Truck

TheCiscoKid

Hello all, enjoyed reading your forum for a while, figured i'd share one of my trucks with you, see what yall think

I bought a 91 Nissan Hardbody when I was 16 from my neighbor for $500. He had owned the truck since '96 and it had 197,000 miles on it.

KA24e, 2wd, 5 speed, 3.5 gears in the diff, bone stock

This is the earliest pic I have of it, I rear ended someone, so i built a ugly bumper for it, got some all terrains for my 14" rims and would take her down all the local trails

n1229992325_30289845_3554.jpg

I cranked the T-bars and threw on some extended shackles, did pretty well as long as I kept the tires spinning

PIC_0834.jpg

Drove it like that for a few years then I got a 4x4 89 Pathfinder, needed a transmission so I threw another 5 speed in it, 2" body lift and 32" tires

IMG_0434.jpg

32262_1523089437082_1229992325_31479517_7882484_n.jpg

Then I did this at wheeling at Uwharrie, my buddy evan's in the pic

29042_1522397979796_1229992325_31476920_7360383_n-1.jpg

I flipped it back over, added a quart of oil, bump started it and drove it home! that VG30 is dependable!

31102_1523094717214_1229992325_31479557_108599_n.jpg

So while I decided what to do with the rolled pathy, it was back to DD'ing the White Truck. I started modding it one piece at a time to make it more comfartable

Some seats from a Mitsu 3000gt

IMG_0376.jpg

Took it all over the state, camping and traveling, 237,000 miles and I can fix it anywhere. I cant say enough about how simple these chassis are to work on

050.jpg

Had a little rust on the roof so I painted it flat black and put on 2 cross bars to help with the canoe, added a cut down YJ bumper and CB, this is how it sits now

IMG_1203.jpg

I mounted my spare vertically in the bed and mounted my highlift to the bed rail with custom brackets

IMG_1205.jpg

Future plans include a set of 235/75's and a H233b swap, 4.3 gears will help the tire 4cyl turn the heavy tires, and after seeing some of the vehicles on here I need to flat black my hood and leave a rising sun taped off in white

My pipe dream is to swap on a t25 RB20 turbo my buddy has in his 240 we built, once he upgrades

I also purchased another 2 door pathfinder, V6, 5 speed 4wd. Im swapping my motor, trans, lift, wheels and tires from the black truck to this one

IMG_0995.jpg

I really want a 4wd 720, or an older pickup to swap the cab onto one of my frames. Anyways, hope yall like pictures, lots more of them. I look forward to contributing to ratsun

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If going the H-233 route get LSD in it. Check the bum on the differential for an orange stamp sized sticker

Pathfinder--D-21conversion034Large.jpg

Earlier WD 21 Pathfinders and D-21 Hardbodys have only 9 bolts on the diff housing. After 09 '98 they were 11. Keep this in mind if mixing and matching parts. WD-21s came with rear disc brakes that should slip into a D-21 axle housing. Also D-21 and WD-21 used 31 spline axles till about '96 and 33 after. The LSD H-233 came in 4.375 and 4.625 ratios.

Thanks for the tech, I have 2 H233's already back at my parents house, both wd21 non lsd's, I have three 4.3 gear chunks, ones welded, learned the hard way about the 11/9 housing difference, I believe the change over was earlier as my 11 bolt housing came out of a 93. Im tempted to cut the link mounts and crossmembers from my parts pathy and transplant onto the D21 frame, but my welders and shop is about 4 hours from my house.

Another difference in the H233's ive noticed is that the later axles use studs instead of bolts, it makes it much easier to get the chunk back in, I switched to studs

edit: the two different bolt patterns ARE interchangeable, some claim they get 9 holes to line up, I only had 8 match, I was leaving for a 4wheeling trip in the morning and decided that if 9 will hold it forever, 8 should hold it for a really long time, they held up great.

So you're saying that you can fit an 11 hole punkin on a 9 bolt housing? This is info I DO NEED ! I'm searching for a 4:3 rear member with LSD that will fit into the 9 bolt housing. I've already got the 4:6 LSD diff in there and I'm willing to trade :)

I need taller gears for the freeway since im running short street tires!

Edit: maybe you want to sell one of the 4:3 ring and pinions?? :)

DatzenMike- is there any reason that another gearset wouldnt' fit a 4:6 LSD diff from a 1989 WD21? are there the same number of holes on the carrier?

Yes, you CAN fit a 11 bolt pumkin in your 9 bolt housing....I would be willing to sell one of my chunks but im in North Carolina and those suckers are heavy to ship. However you can put the 4.3 gears from any pumkin onto your 9 bolt chunk+ carrier if you already have a LSD. Just requires resetting the gear adjusters. If you have an 11 bolt housing, to fit the 9 bolt thrid member you just have to pull 2 of the studs. Hope that made sense

edit: i would love to trade, i need the 4.6 gears to match the front 4.56's i have in a dana44, guess ill keep looking

• 3 weeks later...

Been having fun driving the truck around in the snow, but I need 4wd. I busted my butt for 7 days and got my red pathfinder running. Dropped in a vg30, 5 speed, re did the exhaust, added a 2 inch body lift, 32's, and interior swap....lot of work, but got it running tonight!! I plan on adding a rising sun to the hood of the red Pathy, black background with a red sun

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, did a radiator flush and mounted my fire extinguisher in the Hardbody. But i made real progress on my Pathfinder. I can only work on it at my parents, 4+ hours away, so I pulled a thrashfest to get it done over Christmas.

Heres how it looked when I go there on the 20th

IMG_0995.jpg

No Engine, no trans, no interior, no torsion bars/ crossmembers, no exhaust ect....

IMG_1212.jpg

I swapped in my good VG30i, 5 speed, interior from the parts truck (including 2002 Xterra seats) Also swapped on my 2" body lift and threw on my 32" tires....

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

I got it fired and drove it up the street and back, it was running like shit. When I got back it had thrown 2 codes, one for the engine temperature sensor, and the crank position sensor. I drove it a few more times that afternoon, then suddenly it wouldn't fire. It turns over and the plugs are getting spark, but it wont fire, even with starter fluid sprayed down the throttle body. I worked on it all night (had to leave in the a.m.) but couldnt get it sorted!! All I could figure is that the crank pos. sensor went belly up. Would it keep the motor from running? Or just make it run bad?

IMG_1230.jpg

• 1 month later...