WTB Turn signal switch

I have a 79 620 KC. My turn signal switch decided to retire so I went to my buddy's house to borrow the one off of his 77 KC. The plugs are totally different, mine has a white 10 pin plug. I checked at work ( O' REILLY AUTO PARTS) and the only option has the wrong plug also. Are there different plugs according to year or? Someone please enlighten me. I would post a picture of my switch, However, I am computer challenged and haven't figured that out yet.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How to post pictures on line

'78 and '79 use the 10 pin plug while earlier ones use 6?

My turn signal switch crapped once. Turned out one the solder on the wires must have shook loose. On the 620 the signal and brake lights are shared so the turn switch arm has to disconnect the brake circuit form that side so the signal can flash. All I had to do was remove the steering wheel and use a soldering iron to melt the solder and good to go.

I need a turn signal switch from a 78 or 79 620. If you have one, please let me know price and shipping to 89406. It is the last thing for me to get my 620 KC on the road! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

soon as it gets day light out, I'll check my 79 parts trk. I'll pm you.

not sure how hard these are to find but this is the only one I have for a 78 which I own a 78 and don't plan on ever selling the 78 so I guess I'm going to have to find another turn switch for the 78. :rolleyes: 78 620 VVV

IMG_5425.jpg

I checked the 79 and the 10 pin plug, is the same but also has another plug/harness with 2 pin's, not sure what there for, I'll figure that out when I need it.

PM'd you the info.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.