Needed pesky door panel clips

If anyone knows or has the door panel clips, send me a pict. and how many you have for a 68-72 521 would greatly appreciated. I need about 30 of them.

I am remaking the door panels. Any advice on kind of material to use for stock looking panels?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can buy numerous different styles of those clips at NAPA, or any large chain parts store. They might have to order some specific ones if they dont stock all the styles. Might be worth a shot over dealing with brittle ones that are 30 years old.

Jason

I'm working on my 620 doors right now and have been painting the interior too. I go to a place called Industrial Finishes that sells supplies to body shops. I got my primers, paints and body filler materials there.

I noticed that they had a salesman's sample case at the end of the counter. Never looked at it until this last time. There are hundreds of kind, size, color of specialty screws, springs, clips and grommets. They don't stock any of the stuff, but I ordered two boxes of ten little plastic expansion anchors at noon and they were in by noon the next day.

They have the replacement clips you are looking for. I saved all my 620 clips and scavenged clips as I find them in the Pick 'n Pull. Worth the admission fee. :D

Whenever, I have had to replace a broken window or mess with the locks, I didn't have very good luck getting the panels off and on again with out screwing the flimsy Masonite stuff up. I decided to use these black plastic anchors that have a philips head screw seated in a finished black collar.

I know it doesn't look stock, but they still looked finished. It's a truck right? I got 5/16" expansion anchors to fit the existing holes in the door. My thinking is to be able to pop the panels on and off easily. I'm taking pictures and will post them up in a week or so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.