Stiffening Rear Suspension for Burnouts?

Mini-L320

Ok so everytime I burnout in my 210 and both tires grab at the same time the car starts to bounce/shake alot. But when only 1 grabs car burnouts Awesome and smooth.

Will Stiffening Rear Suspension Eliminate this problem?

By Spring time I plan on swapping out the Stock Open Diff Rear End on my 210, and putting an LSD from a 85 GSL-SE Rx7, SO Yeah MORE BURNOUTS!!! :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two ten is coil spring and four link the best defense against axle wrap. The rubber bushings (8) on the link ends are worn or soft or not stiff enough allowing some small forward/backward shuddering of the axle housing. Stiffer shocks (or even new ones) will help. You could also experiment with different tire pressures even different from side to side.

WHAT!!! QUIT BURNOUTS!!! :hyper:

I'll rather Crash and Kill my Self in a Datsun, Thank you. :fu:

Yeah I just added new Rear Shocks but maybe i will find some stiffer springs and go with the KYB Gas Shocks Instead. My Rear Tire Pressure is set at 30psi

How many LB's (pounds) should I get the rear Spring for?

I saw in the Haynes Manual that these 210 came with 85lb's for stock rear spring rate.

Im thinking of going with 150lb's Coilovers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UPR-79-04-Ford-Mustang-Rear-Coil-Over-Kit-150lb-Springs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf16a2174QQitemZ330467778932QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

The rear spring will affect ride.... you know like when the car is actually moving???? :D Stiffer springs aren't really going to do much for a burn out sitting still.

Vibration? Check your front and rear U joints. Also inspect your four link for bushing damage or looseness. Pry on them with a 2x4.Try increasing tire pressure?

The rear spring will affect ride.... you know like when the car is actually moving???? :D Stiffer springs aren't really going to do much for a burn out sitting still.

Vibration? Check your front and rear U joints. Also inspect your four link for bushing damage or looseness. Pry on them with a 2x4.Try increasing tire pressure?

Nothing is damaged or loose in my rear end. The whole back end Bounces when both Tires burnout but when only one burns out the car sits there smokin em Smooth, you cant even feel that its burning out when only one spins.