Resurrection 510 Turbocharged SR20NA

BayArea510

The last time I put the oil pump in place, I had a feeeling the gold link moved over from the mark on the crank sprocket mark. This time I came up with an idea to tie up the chain in place with bell wiring to keep to chain from dropping down and skipping the teeth on the sprcket . So even if I spun the block on the engine stand, the gold link remained in the sprocket mark no matter what.... check out the pix

5253052879_e8b3617279_b.jpg5253054351_b8dee737c7_b.jpg5253662930_d757ff191f_b.jpg

5253661518_489cbfa465_b.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work man look's like your pumping out some money on this motor lol:D

Yeah the motor is coming together with a hefty price tag..... lol.... but the feeling of knowing I put it together will be priceless

Looks awesome! Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys for following my build. I appreciate the support! :D

Today I spent a good amount of time scrapping off liquid gasket from the oil pans and mating surfaces on the block. It is so much harder to get it off when the liquid gasket is new.

Also the O ring I bought at a hardware store was chewed up a bit. I didn't have one back then so I just went and matched something up that would fit. Good thing this time around I got the OEM O ring replacement to go with the new oil pump.

I installed the new oil pump, head gasket, head, cams, sprockets and chain tensioner.

All my marks matched exactly to FSM! :cool:

5253664686_d0a1ee3de6_b.jpg

• 2 years later...

December 2010 forward to May 2013 and my motor took a shit on me close to about a year ago now May 2012. I pulled the motor out again for the third time. the diagnosis leaking exhaust valves and blown head gasket from happy boostin!

"El Perron" is heartless again but now it has a companion "La Gloria" which is my 71 Goon. I picked her up for my B-day in February out of Portland, OR. That was quite a journey 1,300 mile round trip in 24hrs. :blink:

Well now with taxes out of the way..I hate April!!! I can give some TLC to my much neglected (lately) El Perron!

I been pampering La Golria and getting her road worthy http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51890-la-gloria-71-goon-l20b-going-sr20/

Back to El Perron. Since back in Dec 2010 I made  several changes along the way.

First the used  Airesearch turbo I picked up on CL turned out to have blown seals, so I opted to buy a brand new Garrett turbo. Got a stock oem s15 t28 turbo from WestCovinaNissan on ebay.

I picked up a Z32 MAF sensor and reflashed my ecu. I was quite happy with the results but on occasions when I would boost up to 17psi a coupler would pop off and I would limp my way off the fwy or onto the side of the road.

That's when I had my intercooler pipes welded and removed as many unnecessary couplers as possible. It was almost hilarious as I had my 10mm wrench ready in my glove box  to open up the hood and find the popped off coupler.

I also originally cross-threaded the T25 flange bolts to the turbo and noticed one time my turbo was erratically spooling and making my wideband read all over the board. The excessive heat loosened up the bolt nuts and had my turbo all wobbly. I removed my manifold and cut off the old flange and outfit it with a new  flange plus picked up all flange gaskets, correct thread pitch bolts and copper nuts and washers from ATP, Inc http://www.atpturbo.com/. Also picked up a restrictor for the oil feed line. 

• Like 1