IR alternator help

5casey1dimer0

I have done some searching around and couldn't find what v styled pully works when using the saturn IR alternator. I have seen mentioned a few times to ask a local parts store if the had any pullys laying around, and every place said no. I am wondering if there is a known pully that will fit on saturn alternator everyone uses, so i can easily pull one at pick a part, or even buy one online or at napa or something.

Thanks guys!

btw doing this on my l16 in my 510.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm try your pulley off your old alternator, you might have to use a washer as a spacer. i went down to my local alt rebuilders and got a core for my saturn alt swap as well as a pulley, if you really really need me too i might be able to stop by down there and pick you up a few pulleys, just pay shipping.

umm try your pulley off your old alternator, you might have to use a washer as a spacer. i went down to my local alt rebuilders and got a core for my saturn alt swap as well as a pulley, if you really really need me too i might be able to stop by down there and pick you up a few pulleys, just pay shipping.

I did, it wouldn't fit over the alt's shaft. I don't have the proper tools to drill it out dead on center, i would have a wobbly pully haha. Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if all else fails. I wish i had the time to just browse through a junk yard, I happen to work the same hours most are open. . . :(

shit i dont know soem older vehicle? a jeep 4.0 or a small block? i just picked mine out of a pile about the size of a big rig trailer

Oh, got ya. Well let me know if you wouldn't mind seeing if you can find a few that might work, I have no problem picking up shipping charges, even a few bucks for your time. PM me if you want.

2eDeYe' date='23 November 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1290567979' post='382993']

GM AC Delco V-groove pulley. 1980's

All over the pull-a-parts.

Thanks man, If i can find the time, I will go hunting for one!