alt light and heater relay?

moparvwfreak

i "upgraded" the stock alt in my truck to a ZX alt recently. its better than the stock 35 amp alt, but not as good as the saturn alt and yes i know "Do the Saturn alt upgrade...." i know. i have the saturn alt but i am working on an upper alt bracket.

my truck runs ALOT better but when driving at night, although now with the H4s relayed it doesn't cut the ignition, i do get a slightly glowing alt light. it only happens when i have the headlights, heater and the turn signals on. if i turn off the heater, it almost goes away but not totally. still flashes dimly with the signals on. i am REALLY thinking bout running LEDs in the brake and turns but that is $$ that i dont have right this second.

now to my question..... i have a 6 gang fuse block sitting in the engine bay so i have some extra fuseable circuits to play with. could i install a relay into teh circuit for the heater fan?? i would love for this to work witht he ZX alt for the time being. any ideas on where or even how to go about this? i am NOT afraid to do wiring work. i actually like doing it. so some ideas would be awesome, maybe a quick diagram as i just cant seem to picture this in my head right now on how to go about this.

thanks guys and gals! :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic