e.f.i swap

solow720

whats up boys and girls. i have been looking around the internet trying to find out if and how i can change the carb to a efi set up. I know that some of the z20 and z22 motors came with efi that came out of the late 70s and early 80s nissan 200sx and the stanza ..what i am trying to figure out is i can do this swap and what are all the parts i would need to do it and what kind of power i would i be able to make in doing this any help would be great thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously if any one has any info on doing this to a 1985 720 with the z24 in it please let me know .i just need to know all the parts i would need to do this i have found a 1982 nissan stanza and if i am right it should have the z22e motor that is a mulit port injection set up but really any thing would help if it will work i will pick up the parts this week end and post some pics.and i need to know how to wire it in..thanks ..PEACE..

Yes but it was throttle body and not multi port.

It won't make any more power but it will start and run more consistently, be less balky and have better throttle response.

Solo720 contact Sealick, a member on here who has converted his Z24 to run with a Z20E EFI from an '80 200sx. He can direct you to his build page.

thanks dude...i have only found a lil bit of info about doing this multi port fuel ingection .from what i have researched the 1979-83 200sx came with the z22e and the 1981-86 stanza came with the z20e . but if i can get the parts and stuff then i will post some pics. ..peace..

Well....lets see ;)

You will need......

ECU

Complete harness from ECU

Dropdown resistor....will be attached to harness underneath hood

Complete manifold....actually grab everything within a foot of it :)

Airbox

Airpipe.

Fuel pump.. I just bought a new 280zx pump.....same specs.

The system only needs power and spark...4 or 5 wires?

One connection to the small bolt at starter....for cranking startup only.

1 or 2 (?) wires straight to batt.

Another to relay/switched....I used my defog in cab

Negative side of coil for spark.

Have to check my 'records' to confirm....:blink: :D

Replace your fuel lines....at least the inlet.

Should replace all the injector seals

Gonna need a z24i D21 power steering pump and reservoir.

There are 2 brackets coming from the block, they are attached to the side of the IM.

Keeps it somewhat stable...I had to fab up 2

Have to drop the rad to clear the stock TB.

Air box/AFM has to be reclocked to compensate for the larger Z24

A gas analyzer or mounting an after market A/F ratio gauge in the truck is a plus, I'm doing the latter 'now'

Then the clock can be set correctly.

I had the stock 200sx airpipe and TB....but then upgraded to a VG30E TB and made an airpipe for it.

P7310021.jpg

Think I can raise my rad back up now.

If you have the 02 ECU....you need to mount a sensor in your EM/pipe or find a Z24i EM

You also have notch your Z24 head to accept the injectors....Z22 already has them.

I had a Z22 head....so I bought a grinding (jet) bit to match the notches.

P7090120.jpg

Couldn't really see what to grind....so I used a mirror.

Worked out rather well :D

P7080113.jpg

P7080114.jpg

I'm probably missing a few things.....but...I'll rattle my brain and post ASAP.

ee.jpg

pcv3.jpg

VG TB

P7310020.jpg

The EFI system works rather well.....just got the truck back on the road....so...a work still in progress :)

Performance wise...

I have a Z24 4x4 with stock carb....okay

Another has a Weber on it......better

The last has the EFI....heavier truck, pretty sure it would beat the one with the Weber.

Plus....it looks neat :D

Here's a link...........http://720world.ning.com/forum

Then search for Z24E build

thanks alot ...it sounds like i got my work cut out for me with this.but it will be worth it in the end im heading to the yard sunday i hope they still got the car there.other wise im back to square one.BUT if all goes well i will have the parts and will post pics as i go so stay tuned boys and girls.... i cant wait to start beatn these kids and there lil hondas lol