1980 Datsun 4X4

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/singleImage.do?pid=eb805CRa87q7K650UfigUDRgkXtV-9uFgtNsv4xQp5Fd3Ig%3D

I have recieved a couple of responses to my post about buying a truck.

Here is one that I got. Any ideas as to the value of this truck?..it needs a new ignition switch and carb adjustment..probably a different carb?...good tires. I have a pix of the engine on my phone,but don't know how to get it on here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about the pictures it'll be an L20B. (or should be) They were rust prone along the longitudinal seam in the bed. The divorced transfer case is known for making noise when the system is worn or abused. If inspecting a truck for purchase, pay particular attention to this. Synthetic gear lube may help. The front axle employs half shafts with constant velocity joints (CV joints). Be sure to inspect the rubber boots for cracking or leaking. For the body... four different hoods were used on the 720. Unfortunately the '80 was unique to that year however the box on the 1980-1982 models are interchangeable and can be identified by a bed with an outside facing lip, rear tail lamp assemblies mounted horizontally down near the bumper line and an exposed weld. (that rusts out easily) Cornering lamps, bumpers, front aprons, headlight cases and grilles are consistent between the 1980-1982 models. Most other body parts are interchangeable between any model year. The '80 through '83 calipers are similar to the '78 and '79 620 trucks, as is the rear axle assy and brakes. The '80 4X4 720 I took apart had a 240mm clutch on the L20B motor.

Best of all the '80 720 also had DATSUN stamped into the tailgate. (reason enough to buy it)

The sale price is 735.00

Good tires, rough interior, nice body,no stereo,good glass,needs carb/adjustment.

I will be driving it home from a car lot in Albany,Hwy 99, tomorrow morning. The drive will be about 1.5 hours. A new (to me) truck. I am taking a gallon of antifreeze,a gallon of oil, a can of Wild-Dog 40(WD40) and a box of tools.

:D Wish me luck....and Datdoug, still no Weber working on my 620:fu:

Needed to much work for me. All info was from the seller and a co-worker that stopped and looked at it.

Upon my 1 1/2 hour drive I find: Dead battery,fugged up carb(Weber 32/36), No E brake,no heater fan,no signals,bad brakes.

But....it would be good for parts or a fixerupper. It is in Albany on Hwy 99 about 1 mile north of the Target D.C.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.