521 Steering column seal and wiper seal

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found: wiper seal :D

Still need a good column seal :)

Could also use at least 1 grommet that seals the front brake hard line to the fenderwell, the grommets that seal the the heater core connections, and the grommet/cable for the parking brake. Oh, and since I'm asking, a heater fan inlet duct thingy in better shape than mine would be nice.

Mark

I had a steering collum seal but i gave it away. Helped another friend repair his awhile back. We used 2 pieces of sheet metal & JB welded them to the firewall & also around the steering collum..painted it black & it looked fine & kept the exhaust fumes out of the cab.

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to have to do something similar. Did manage to get the park brake grommet taken care of. Spoke to a local vendor today and he things he can still get the brake line grommets. He did have a NOS heater duct thingy, but wants $150 for it! :wacko: Think I'll pass.

Mark

A lot of the engine bay rubber I have replaced so far is kit leftovers from a Datsun Roadster I restored. I have ordered some stuff from McMaster that I think will work on the heater and steering column (with a little work). I believe the Roadster heater grommets will work, but don't want to fork over another $75 for just a pair of grommets. For the flaps, I got some 12"x24" 1/16" 50 durometer Neoprene from them. Was like $6 a sheet. I doubt anyone will spend the time (or money) to reproduce rubber parts. There probably is just not enough "demand" to justify the tooling cost and quantity necessary to price it so people will buy them. I've had reasonable success looking for similar parts from later model Datsun/Nissan models, then ordering them from the dealer. As bad as it may seem, Nissan is SO MUCH BETTER than any of the other japanese manufacturers when it comes to keeping parts available for our classics. I will let you know if the grommets are available.

Mark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.