Transmition troubles

justin 620

Hey there, so a while back I posted a thread on my transmition troubles, but never got around to tearing it apart, until today. In the process of trying to take it apart (which we weren't able to accomplish, and later realized we probably shouldn't do it anyways) we ran into a snag, it wouldn't separate it. But we were able to find out why it was jamming up so bad, when I went to put the 2 halves back together I spotted something sitting on the lip of one of the halves, I pulled it out to find part of what looks to be a spacer ring or something, badly twisted and broken with chew marks on it, cool huh? well since neither me nor my dad know anything about transmitions we have no clue on what to do. Do any of you guys know of either a good repair shop in the Southern Oregon region, or of a place to get a 5 speed?

Oh, and I happen to have a 92 Nissan Hardbody with a perfect tranny, does anybody know if it's be compatible? And thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, we couldn't get it completely apart, it only separated about 2". When we went to bolt it all back up is when I saw the ring, from what was left it looked to be about an inch or so in diameter and about 3/8" x 3/8", I can only imagine this being the problem, i broken and gnawed on ring isn't a good sign in anything, especially a transmition...

The tail will only loosen unless you remove a bunch of stuff. Reverse check sleeve, speedo pinion, couple of switches. The front has the reverse switch but I think it will slide off with it in.

How about some oics (pics)

Um... no, I got all the bolts off from around the middle, took the spring out from just below the shifter, and the pin that was right around there too.

Tell me the truth, is a transmition something that is too difficult for a somebody with no prior training to handle? Because neither me nor my dad have any official training when it comes to cars, we sorta figure things out on our way...